Friday 11 January 2008

Friends, Teachers and Subjects in NUS High

I finally met all my teachers, but I think I had forgotten some of their names. 2 of my friends are Kendrick and Kenryk. Their pronounciation are really close and I sometimes got mixed up. Kenryk has a darker skin than Kendrick. Kenryk really looks like a non-Chinese, but believe it or not, he's taking higher Chinese! And I'm not even taking higher Chinese. There is also one of my friends called Yos and his skin is as fair as mine. But sometimes the truth might be far from what you think. He's taking Malay. Guess how many Malays are there in our class? There's only him! Here's another more unbelievable fact--there are only 3 Malays in the whole year one. There is something weirder in class. A girl, Shi Ni, from our class is just a normal girl. However, I don't know why, and since when, everyone in our class starts calling her mash potato (I think it is because shi ni sounds like shu3 ni2 which means mash potato). She was the mentor rep and the math rep initially, but then, the math rep was changed to Jonathan.

About my teachers -
Maths - Mr Lee - he is loud, whatever he covers in class I already know
English/Mentor - Ms Lau - she likes to nod her head
Chinese - We just call him lao shi - he talks so fast that sometimes I can't catch what he says
Geography - Ms Chen - my favourite past-time is reading the map and also finding out information from the Atlas like population, change of population, life expectancy, death rate for each country, so I think I am going to like this subject
Chemistry - Ms Koh - so far we have not really started
Physics - Mrs Oon - I think I like this subject
Biology - Ms Ng - I also enjoy Biology I think
Music - ??? - so far so good, quite easy although I have no music background

I did not select Literature and History this semester. I think in NUS High, we can choose when to take the Art & Humanities subjects. For languages, Maths and Science subjects, we must take them throughout the years. But we must satisfy the minimum modular credits for the subjects. So I will do Literature and History in semester 2.

Today I took the Diagnostic Test for Maths. It will allow me to get exemption for the Maths modules that I am already familiar with.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hI
I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW
WAS KENRYK FROM
Casuarina Primary School ?

Anonymous said...

Was he Kenryk Abraham Chacko?

Anonymous said...

Yes he is. Are you his friend?

Anonymous said...

NO HE SUCKS!

Anonymous said...

Lameomaster here. Is the other anonymous Aloysius? Yes? Typical.