Saturday 5 January 2008

NUS High orientation

Day 1

It was my first day in school, and I was late! It was because the alarm clock did not ring. We were supposed to gather at the hall, in our mentor group. However, I did not know where to sit, so I just sat at the back. Later, someone (orientation PSL) showed me where to sit. The announcements were really long. We practised the school song, which was very long. We also said the school creed (what for?), several times, but I still could not remember both of them. After that was break time. Guess what's for break? It's my worst nightmare! I hate noodles. And what's worse than noodles? Noodles + chilli. I drank more than half the bottle of water, although I knew it would not work. Next, we went to the hall again for some briefing. The lunch was rice. Next, it was mass dance at the hall, followed by a school tour, and finally, we went back to our respective classroom to meet our mentor (like form teacher). There were 23 of us in the class, 15 boys and 8 girls. We were given a haversack each with orientation T-shirts and a game. My game was a puzzle key, some students got rubik's cube (round shape). We played some games there till 5 and created a class cheer till 6. And after that was the best part of all -- dismissal.

Day 2

I was late again, for no reason, but at least ealier than before. The announcements were as long, and as boring. We went for break. It was still noodles but at least there was no chilli. We went for mass dance again and then for lunch. Rice again, as usual. Later, we went to the auditorium again for CCA briefing. Next was the CCA fair. We played Math & Science games that almost had nothing to do with Math or Science. After that, we went to our classroom, again, for contact time with our mentor and PSLs. And the best part is, you've guessed it -- dismissal.

Day 3

Yay, I was not late today! The announcements were shorter. Mass dance again at the hall. Later, we had the not-so-amazing amazing race. It was super extremely tiring. We had to travel all around Clementi. After the race, we played with water bombs and we got really wet. We changed to our formal wear and had photo taking. Since I did't have my formal shirt (no stock for my size - the smallest size 13), I wore my polo shirt. One of the PSLs said, "Die Die must wear formal shirt!" So I borrowed someone's. It was so big that it touched my knee. Later, we went to have dinner at the canteen. Rice again. Then it was the Investiture Ceremony. We heard cheers from the Year 1s and riddles form the Year 3s. At about 9, we all went to the concourse for the mass dance and school cheers. I hope I do not have to do the mass dance again in the future.

We reached home at about 10. It was a tiring day!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay! we from da same school!! which mentor group are u in??
reply if you want...i'm just passing and i MAY come back!!!
so sorry to hear that you were late but dun worry cos i was late too and so were alot of other people...
i know that the food was totally horrible and 104 wasted loads of food and wen jun ate some half eatten food to be allowed to dispose uneatten food [the PSLs created this forfiet]
the mass dance is quite fun hard to learn and overall a tiring experience
the clapping cheer is the most difficult don't you think?
i got the snake cube in the orientation pack which i have solved ages ago
we really did not have to practice the school creed at all as it was projected on the screen and i now feel sort of cheated
it is kind of lame when we pretend that we did not get the badge yet then we suddenly conjure it up out of nowhere and pin it up...

maybe its fun being a PSL too...

Anonymous said...

Hi Leyi,

I am in M08103.

Do you want to exchange your snake puzzle with me? :-) I like doing rubik's.

Maybe you can be a PSL next year.

Lim Jeck

Anonymous said...

wat do you have?
i'm Leyi

Anonymous said...

I have 3x3, 4x4, 5x5, braintwist, snake, square-1.