Wednesday 28 May 2008

Singapore Mathematical Olympiad (SMO)

I spent a total of 5 hours doing the SMO, both Junior and Open categories, on different days. The questions in the Junior category were apparently much easier than those in the Open category. I could do all the 35 questions in the SMO (Junior), however, after checking the answers with my sister, I think I made 4 careless mistakes so I might get the same marks as last year (31/35). For the SMO (Open), I did 19 questions but after checking with another NUS High student and someone's answers, I think I probably got about 15/25. Some of the answers were quite interesting, like 66666, 99999 and 2008.

I still have one more year to take the SMO (Junior), two more years to take the SMO (Senior) and five more years to take the SMO (Open).

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

excuse me! Do you have any SMO papers of some recent years? Can you share me all of them? If it's fine,sent to me by email "satthuvohinh_kehuydiet@yahoo.com.vn"

Anonymous said...

i have the same question with someone before me, would you mind sending me the competition problems?

my email is jwwtm@yahoo.com

thank you very much

April said...

hi i would be very grateful if you can send to me SMO past year questions. I am taking SMO this year and I have no resources to review, leaving me 'hanging on a thread'. my email is solitarymusic@hotmail.com.
thanks lots

Anonymous said...

Me too. My email is ng_louie@yahoo.com.sg.Junior

Anonymous said...

Hello! I'm in year 5 going to year 6 this year And i'm planning to join the smo junior category. So i'm gonna start prCticing from now on but i dont have any past papers. So could you please please please i am begging send thenpast papers to my email eunike.debora@gmail.com thank you thank you thank you so much i'd really appreciate it if you send me those.

Unknown said...

Hello I'm taking SMO this year, can u send me some recent year paper? Thks ~ I'm senior group

Unknown said...

My email lrzrebecca@gmail.com thks

Anonymous said...

I need it too for SMO this year pls.
My email is: rohit.rajesh.bhat@hotmail.com
Thanks .

Anonymous said...

Adding to my previous comment :
I'm in junior category

Anonymous said...

can you give me a copy? tinyfzhang@gmail.com

Cyhang Jialer said...


Thank you very much.

But,can you let me know the past 2 years or 1 year exam papers. I don't have any papers to review

Email:jialergm@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Lim Jeck. My son, who is now studying at HCI in Sec 1 will be taking the SMO Junior exam in June. Could you please let me have some of the recent past year papers. My email address is carolwongyy1@yahoo.com Thank you, ya!

Unknown said...

Hello i am from morocco i am fation with olympiad math i need some books or past papars to past olympiad junior can any one please send me at this adress zaroualyasser@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Hi i am frm sg nan hua high and i will like to have past year papers on smo can one pls end me at tanyq1234567890@gmail.com