Thursday 7 August 2008

SMO Prelim Results Out

The results list is only preliminary, showing top 10 for individual with no ranking. Both Ang Yan Sheng and I are in the top 10 at the SMO Junior National level. I didn't get top but 2nd in NUSH, duh. Anyway, Ang Yan Sheng is better than me but then he is in Year 2. At least my score is better than last year, so I am happy. The final results will only be out during the prize presentation ceremony on 30 Aug. But I think RI's top two scorers have higher marks than Ang Yan Sheng, so NUSH's best individual result for SMO Junior can only be 3rd or more.

Actually, I am quite surprised that Jonathan did not get into top 30. Maybe his handwriting is illegible and the marker could not read it!

NUSH team got 2nd (Ang Yan Sheng, Jonathan and I in the team), tied with HCI, and apparently, RI got first, 5 times in a row, which means they can keep the Challenge Trophy. NUSH also got team 2nd for SMO senior, and the first is RI, duh. NUSH got team 4th for SMO Open. 1st is HCI, 2nd is probably RJC, 3rd is RI, still quite duh.

I am also very happy that I managed to get Gold award (very lucky!) for SMO Open.

Next year, NUSH must aim for team 1st in the SMO Junior!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw how well you did in the Math Olympiad. You shouldn't downplay it so much, really. Very very very few other people could do that well.
Congratulations!!^^

Lim Jeck said...

erm ... thank you.
Do I know you?