Tuesday 21 April 2009

Intensive Maths Training

These two weeks (20 - 29 Apr) I will be having intensive Maths Olympiad training from 8 am to 5 pm, at NUS High. I will be excused from lessons and assessments during this period. This is because the selection of the final squad to represent Singapore for the International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO) 2009 will be held on 1 & 2 May. The test will have 6 questions, 3 questions per day and a total of 9 hrs (i.e. 1.5 hrs per question).

However, I have decided to continue attending my normal lessons. Otherwise there may be a lot of catching up to do after the selection test. But since now I have the opportunity to skip lessons, I will be skipping PE, ACE, Da Vinci, CCA, mentoring sessions and Maths.

Last year, 3 of the 6 representatives for IMO Singapore Team were from NUS High. Hopefully, some of my seniors can do NUSH proud by being selected this year!! I am 100% confident I won't be selected, but this is a good opportunity for me to be trained, and be excused from classes : )

No comments: