Saturday 24 October 2009

Start of National Team Training

Training for the National Team starts today. I saw many familiar faces, from my school, from RI, RGS, HCI and ACS(I). There were 28 of us, the instructors were the usual ones like Prof Tay and Prof Wong from NUS Maths Dept and Mr Teo, but with two new x-men (a term to describe Singapore IMO alumni). After introducing ourselves to each other, we played some maths (so predictable right) games – solving questions in teams. I think my team did the worst amongst all the 4 teams, but at least our team was the funniest. It’s only 3 hours and the first day, so nothing much happened.

The actual weekly training will start next Saturday, from 9.30 am to 12.30 pm, at NUS Maths Dept. I think it will end sometime next May, just before the National Team Selection Test. The next 51th IMO will be held at Kazakhstan (somewhere in Russia), in the city of Astana, from 2 to 15 July 2010.

No comments: