Tuesday 16 March 2010

AIME I 2010

This morning I took the AIME I at NUS High Theatrette. I did 13 questions out of 15, but I may have made careless mistakes because I did not have time to check my answers.

I think this year's AIME is about as tough as AMC 12B. AMC 12B is considered tough because there is very little time (75 minutes for 25 questions). For AIME, we were given 3 hrs to do 15 questions. The questions were of course harder than AMC 12, but I did more percentage of questions in AIME than in AMC 12 since I was given more time to solve the problems. I would rather find the product of 2 10-digit numbers than find 100 products of 2 1-digit numbers.

Update on 21 March - answers for AIME I are found here. I think I have made 3 careless mistakes and got only 10 correct answers. I got the hardest question (#15) correct but the easiest question (#1) wrong :-(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

BTW, when you multiply 2 10-digit numbers, you are finding 100 products of 2 1-digit numbers.