Saturday 15 May 2010

Singapore Team to 51st IMO

The results for the Singapore National Team for 51st International Mathematical Olympiad were released today. Out of the 6 participants selected, 2 are from RI-JC (Ivan Loh and Vincent Tseng), 1 from ACS(I) (Ang Jie Jun) and 3 from NUSH (Ang Yan Sheng, Gabriel Wong and I).

The 51st IMO will be held in Astana, the Republic of Kazakhstan. I do not know much about the country so I googled it - the Republic of Kazakhstan is in Eurasia and ranked as the ninth largest country in the world, and its location is below:


Training for the Singapore IMO national team will start next Thu (20/5) at NUS Maths Dept, and will stretch all the way to the competition itself, which is from 4 Jul to 15 Jul. Just like last year, my 1-month June holidays will be spent on training and I am going to miss many lessons again when school reopens ...

No comments: