Saturday 14 May 2011

SNGMC

This is posted by Lim Li.

Today, more than 12 hours but less than 15 hours ago, I took part in a math competition called Singapore National Girls' Mathematics Competition (SNGMC). It is organized by RGS. When I reached my school at 7:30 am, I was the latest as usual. Then, we waited what seemed like eternity for Mr Ng to come, who gave the excuse that he bought a toy transformer at 12 midnight the day before and went home at 3 am. The 6 of us girls and Mr Ng took school bus to RGS.

When we reached RGS, they gave us a nice bag with Rubik's cube keychain, sliding puzzle keychain and 2 small metal puzzles inside. They also gave us a bottle of mineral water with RGS logo. I think there were 60 schools and about 400 girls taking part in SNGMC. We were divided into groups, mine was group E2. After that, we took the competition comprising about 25 questions. I left 4 blanks because I forgot to guess their answers. I found a mistake about 5 mins before time was up but I did not have time to change it. After that, we went for the Amazing Race Competition and someone commented that I must be Lim Jeck's sister (strangely, she did not remark that I am Lim Min's sister since I was in RGS compound). I hated the Amazing Race because I am very (very) unfit.

After the Amazing Race, we went for free food which was chicken rice with nuggets and chicken wings. It was delectable. The queue was very (very) long. After the refreshment we went to the hall for the results announcement. I got the 11th to 20th position (the individual prizes were: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th to 10th and 11th to 20th) and won $50 (the prize money will be sent to my school).

No comments: