Friday 25 May 2007

Zoo trip

Yesterday we went to the zoo. I don't know whether the main purpose of the trip is to learn about the animals or to celebrate our achievements. Some animals were not moving, some just moved left and right. I thought there were only animals in the zoo, but I saw many plants, including a gigantic water lily. Some of my friends threw coins onto them. Clarence lent me 10 cents to throw, but I just kept it, then I returned it. I also saw the pumpkin plant. The pumpkin plant has no pumpkin, I wonder why it was placed there. I saw polar bears but they don't have any green thingy. The display board explains that the green thingy is the algae that grows on them because of the sunlight. I went to one place that looked like the greenhouse. There were bats, sloth and butterflies. The butterflies just flew here and there like no one's business. The bats were so cool. When two of them wanted to eat the same fruits, they fought with each other. They fought until one fell down. I even spotted one of them peeing. It's like a water fountain. So cool!

Here are some pictures that were taken during the zoo trip.



























No comments: