Friday 17 June 2022
Saturday 11 June 2022
Date: June 18. Beijing Time
Time: 8:00 – 24:00 on June 18th, 2022 (Beijing Time). You may choose any continuous 8 hours within this time window to complete the final round Competition
Format: Online Individual Competition
Type of Question：
The final round includes five tracks of different subject areas:
- Algebra & Number Theory
- Geometry & Topology
- Analysis & Differential Equations,
- Applied & Computational Mathematics
- Combinatorics & Probability.
Topics covered in the final round
- Algebra & Number Theory: Abstract algebra, Algebraic Number Theory, Commutative Algebra, Group and Representation Theory.
- Geometry & Topology: Algebraic Topology, Differential Topology, Manifolds and Lie Groups, Riemannian Geometry.
- Analysis & Differential Equations: Harmonic Analysis, Elliptic Equations, Complex Analysis, Real Analysis.
- Applied & Computational Mathematics: Ordinary Differential Equations, Partial Differential Equations, Optimization Theory, Numerical Linear Algebra, Numerical Analysis, Machine Learning.
- Combinatorics & Probability: Extremal/Probabilistic/Algebraic Combinatorics, Graph Theory, Discrete Geometry, Probability Theory and Stochastic Processes, Operations Research and Combinatorial Optimization, Mathematical Aspects of Computer Science.
- In the final round, contestants are required to select one major track and one minor track before entering the answering interface. Note that the selection, once made, is final and cannot be altered.
- Contestants can submit solutions to all the five problems in the major track and at most two of all the problems in the minor track. Awards will be given based on the total marks of the major and the minor track
- The final round is a closed-book exam. Reference to any materials and use of computing software are not permitted.
- Please take the competitions with integrity and complete the problems independently. Cheating, discussion, and transmission of the problems are not permitted.
Gold Award (4 winners) with 40,000 USD each
Silver Award (6 winners) with 20,000 USD each
Bronze Award (10 winners) with 10,000 USD each
Honorable Mention (50 Winners) with 5,000 USD each
Sunday 5 June 2022
Thursday 2 June 2022
Wednesday 1 June 2022
SMO 2022 (Senior Section) Answers
SMO 2022 (Junior Section) Answers