I like this article.
1. Koh Boon Hwee is a familiar name, I have read much about him from the papers since my younger days. And he is a talented and unassuming man.
2. Who says one needs to be either a doctor or lawyer to succeed in life? Just look at Koh Boon Hwee.
3. Many people don't really know that they are destined for life in their early adulthood e.g. during their high school or undergraduate days. It is good to just follow their heart, to study what they have the most passion for. For scholarships, taking a bond-free one is preferable. Lim Min is currently on bond-free Nanyang Scholarship. I hope Lim Jeck can get a bond-free scholarship too, to pursue his undergraduate studies (likely, in Cambridge). In the future, if my kids do well in life, I would like them to contribute back to the society, just like what Koh Boon Hwee has been doing.
4. I really like what Koh Boon Hwee says, at the end of the article
- “A lot of people in today’s world decide what they want to do based on what they think they are going to get compensated for. And some of them grow to love the job, which is fine. A lot of them don’t, and then they’re actually not very happy. I think that’s a tragedy. Life is too short for that sort of stuff.”