Friday 26 November 2010

NUS High 1-Day Math Camp

This is posted by LL ☺ ☻

Yesterday I attended a Logic and Games Math camp at NUS High. At the camp, there were only 3 girls out of 18 students, so sad.

We played the frog puzzle, the one where the frog can only walk 1 step or jump over another frog. We must find the formula for the number of moves depending on n number of frogs, which is n^2+2n. Other games we played include: Nim, Cross the River, Quadrant tic-tac-toe, etc. The student helper Ananya Kumar said that Lim Jeck had been blabbering about minecraft for the past 3 days and Lim Jeck said that the graphics was great (the sun, moon, stars, clouds and hands are squares and everything is pixelated ☺).

At lunch, the food was not buffet kind, but a packet of bee hoon with egg, fish, otah, fish cake and ikan billis (see picture). For tea breaks, we had packets and biscuits. So pathetic right ... actually, not so bad, I am just exaggerating and I brought home 4 packets of drink and a lot of biscuits until my bag was so full that I could not put my pencil case inside and I had to put it in my pocket.

I think the camp is quite fun.

No comments: