Saturday 5 April 2008

AIME 2

A few days ago I took the AIME II (American Invitational Maths Exam) paper at the Maths Oasis' office. I had taken the AIME I two weeks earlier at NUS High. As expected, Jonathan was there too. Since NUS High only allows us to take AMC10A/12A but not AMC10B/12B, we participated under Maths Oasis. Of those who took part in AMC10B/12B under Maths Oasis Open Category, only 3 of us were invited to take the AIME 2. The other one was a girl from RJC, which means she took AMC12B just like me, whereas Jonathan took AMC10B. The questions were harder than those in AIME I, which were hard enough. I could only answer 7 or 8 questions (out of 15). I heaved a sign of relief when it was over, 3 hrs later.

After AMC and AIME, there are still the Australian Maths Contest and the SMO (Singapore Mathematical Olympiad). The toughest one that I have taken so far is still the AIME, but I think it might be the second hardest, after the SMO(Open). I have signed up for both SMO (Junior) and SMO(Open), which will be held in end May.

No comments: