Saturday 28 June 2008

SMO (Junior) Special Round and SAMC

Today, I went for the SMO Junior Special Round. I saw Wei Liang from Hwa Chong (but didn't see Benny also from Hwa Chong, and Jethro from RI - maybe they were early and had registered before me) and some of my friends from NUSH. The difficulty is about the same as last year, but I think I will get more marks than last year. I did 4 questions out of the 5.

After the SMO, we went to a restaurant in NUS for lunch. I ate chicken rice. Kendrick's parents paid for the meal (thank you!). Then Kendrick's father drove us (Jonathan, I, Kendrick, his sister and mother) to their house to work on our Singapore Amazing Machine Competition (SAMC) project, which is the Toothpaster 3000. Kenryk joined us there. We built part of the machine, which was not as easy as you think. We had to troubleshoot 20+ times and only succeeded 0 time. We suggested removing that part of the machine but Kendrick objected. We would continue working on the machine on Tuesday. The finals is on Thursday so we have to work very hard to make it work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We got it to work after you left. I agreed with you that we have to work very hard this Tuesday and hope we can succeed!