Monday 8 September 2008

Rubik's Cube Competition

I made 3 new friends at the Rubik's Cube Competition organised by Toysrus yesterday. They were all professional cube solvers apparently much faster than me. They were Nicholas Ho, Yuan Chen Yang (both my seniors from NUS High, M08306 and M08302 respectively) and Hai Xiang from Commonwealth Sec School. All of them were friendly and gave me some tips on how to smoothen the cube and solve it faster. Chen Yang lent me his 3x3 cube which was smoother than mine, Nicholas also lent me an even smoother one during 3x3 round 1.

During the 2x2 challenge, I broke my personal record with a 14 sec, obviously not good enough to get into the top 3. For the 3x3 round 1, I again broke my record with a 27.91 sec, where my average time during practice was about 40 sec! However, there were people who could solve it in less than 20 secs. For the 4x4, I broke my own record again in 2 min 22 secs (usually I took about 3 mins). Nicholas was top in the 4x4 with 1 min 38 sec. I think he had won himself $300.

After the 3x3 round 2 which I took 34 sec, I went home knowing that I could not win one of the top 3 prizes. Anway, I have not done some of my holidays homework. TEEHEE!

No comments: