Sunday 1 March 2009

Maths Competitions

I just got my AMC10A (American Maths Contest 10A) results on Friday. My score is 144/150, as I have made a careless mistake in Qn 19 - calculated as radius <= 100 though the question stated r < 100. Agrh... but it is still an improvement over my last year's score, which was 139.5/150.

Though the results for AMC12B is not out yet, I checked the answers from the AMC website. I have left 4 blanks, one of which was a very easy question but I did not understand what was 'parenthesis' (actually, it means brackets) so skipped that question. I made more careless mistakes in AMC12B - after calculating the score, I think I should be getting 108/150 (it's quite bad, I know), nevertheless it is also an improvement over my last year's score, which was 103.5/150.

More competitions:
10 Mar - Asian Pacific Mathematics Olympiad (APMO)
17 Mar - American Invitational Mathematical Examination AIME I
1 Apr - AIME II
2 Jun - SMO Junior
3 Jun - SMO Open

No comments: