Wednesday 20 February 2013

Bollywood movie - 3 Idiots


I have watched this Indian film recently on Youtube.

3 Idiots is easily one of the best Bollywood films that I have watched. One important theme in the movie is "follow your heart". In Singapore, it is common for parents to want their children to pursue a degree in Medicine or Law, hoping that they will become successful doctors or lawyers in the future (after watching the movie, I guess in India, the most prestigious job is Engineer). It is as if other degrees/jobs are considered inferior.

I would strongly urge all high school students and their parents to watch this movie. Parents - do let your children pursue their dreams! Passion leads to excellence!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

aal iz well!

Pallavi said...

Hi Bee Yong,

Yes, 3 Idiots is a good and contemporary movie. In India, craze is for Engineering in IITs.

There is another good movie on education. It is also by the same actor (Aamir Khan). Its name is "TARE ZAMEEN PAR". Do watch it if you get a subtitled DVD. I am sure you will like it.

Bee Yong said...

Thanks Pallavi. I will check out the movie Tare Zameen Par.