Friday 9 November 2007

Rubik's cube

It took me quite a long time to master the 3x3x3 rubik's cube. Natasha can also solve it. I finally am able to remember the steps to do it. Initially it took me at least 5 minutes to complete it, now I can do it in about 3 minutes.

Just a few days ago, my mother bought me a 4x4x4 rubik's cube (Rubik's Revenge). I didn't ask her to, but she bought it anyway. It cost $23.90 while the 3x3x3 cost only from $1 (lousy quality) to $9.90 (Rubik original). The steps were rather complicated but I still managed to complete it. Now my record is about 10 minutes.
Yesterday, my mother bought another one. You've guessed it, it's 5x5x5 (Professor's Cube). There was no solution booklet that came with it and the cube itself was rather uneven or crooked, and difficult to turn. It cost $27.90! Every turn I made, my hand hurt. However, I applied some of the 4x4x4 rubik's cube rules to solve it. It took me like 3 hours to complete it for the first time! Now I can solve it much faster (less than 30 minutes)!
Anyway, there are still so many more kinds of "rubik's cubes", as you can see below.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hey,
where can i buy 4x4x4 rubix in singapore ?
Thanks,
Lalith

Anonymous said...

hello...where we can buy this all kind of rubiks cube...coz i want this to be my collection.....

Anonymous said...

if we buy a rubiks cube i wish that teres a patern to learn