Monday 5 November 2007

BBQ

Do you know that there's no such word as "barbeque"? I've checked the dictionary, "barbecue" is the correct spelling. Why am I talking about this? Let's take the time machine and go back 1 day ago.

It was only 2 o'clock in the afternoon and some of my older sister's friends had arrived. None of my friends were here yet. I received my first call at 3 o'clock. It was Jonas. He told me to meet him at the back gate. I rushed down to the front gate but saw nobody. 3.15pm, Jonas had not come. 3.25pm, still nobody. Impatient, I went up again. Just a minute later, or perhaps less than that, Jonas called and said he was already there waiting. I couldn't believe it! I went all the way down again and brought Jonas up. Luckily, he brought some drinks, or else I would be wasting my time :).

Later, a whole bunch of my friends came and the whole computer room was packed like sardines. The girls stayed in my parents' bedroom to watch DVD (Death Notes, I think). At about 6 pm, we went to the barbecue pit at the roof top of clubhouse to... barbecue. I thought that we booked the badminton court from 6-7, so I rushed down from the clubhouse and went up to the 8th floor of my block to get the badminton rackets. The door was locked as no one was at home! I went to the function room to look for my mother to get the keys. Since she was not there, I went up again to the BBQ pit to look for her. She said that she booked the badminton court from 7-8, not 6-7! So tiring ...

At 7 pm, we went to the badminton court to... You should know what. After a while, Haixiao just switched off the lights. I didn't know why, but we couldn't seem to switch it on again. So, we had to play in the dark, but at least we still could see a little.

After the badminton game, we went up to my house to play computer games again. All my friends left by 10 pm.

No comments: