Tuesday 27 January 2009

Happy 牛 Year

On CNY eve, I played the computer from about 7.30pm to about 5.40am. This is the only day in the whole year that I was allowed to play on the computer for a long time. There is a Chinese belief that when the children stay up late on CNY eve, the parents can live to a ripe old age. I just played some random games.

On CNY Day, we went to my cousin's house at Simei Green for lunch. I loved eating the baguas. We also watched some videos on the Youtube there and received some ang baos. After that, we went to my grandmother's house at Queenstown for dinner. We hardly did anything there, as most of my relatives had already left. Only my maternal grandparents, eldest auntie, 7th auntie and her children were there. We received more ang baos. I think I collected about $300 in total.

Our 4 days holidays are going to be over so quickly. I wish everyday could be Chinese New Year, then I can play on the computer for as long as I want on the eve of everyday. There will also be no school. We will also receive a lot of money from the ang baos everyday. Haha.

No comments: