Sunday 29 August 2010

Yay!

I went for the Hwa Chong Math Quest 2010 yesterday. We (my mother, Lim Li and I) took 3 buses (186, 153, 174) from my house and alighted at HCI's 1st bus stop (there are 3 bus stops that lead to 3 different HCI entrance gates). There was some construction going on and the first gate was closed. So we walked to the 2nd bus stop. Still no open gate in sight. We then took a bus (luckily it's distance-based fare now, so it was free or cost only a few cents) to the 3rd bus stop, and entered HCI through the 3rd gate. The whole HCI was like a ghost town (it's Saturday at 8 am) and there was not a single soul to guide us - no signs on the Math Quest and no Hwa Chong students around to provide direction. It took us quite long to find LT3 (competition venue at 2nd level) as the direction signs to the LTs are not very clear. Fortunately I was not late. My mother and Lim Li then left for the RGS Speech Day and Prize Presentation Ceremony, as Lim Min has won an award.

Yay, NUS High has won the Individual 1st and Team 1st in the Hwa Chong Math Quest. I got a ridiculously huge trophy, a TI Graphic Calculator (my 3rd one, I had 2 from the NJC Math Challenge 2010), a 2 GB TI Thumb Drive and $50 Popular Book Vouchers.

1 comment:

Kendrick said...

GIVE ME THE GC!!!!!!!!