Saturday 28 May 2011

APMOPS 2011

This is posted by Lim Li☺
From left: Mrs Chua (our principal), Zheng Han, me, Wei Jue, Step, Mr Ng.

Today we took the Asia Pacific Mathematical Olympiad for Primary Schools (APMOPS which is the 2nd Round of SMOPS) in the morning and also attended the prize giving ceremony held in the afternoon.

Zheng Han and I were in group 2, and there were only 2 girls (out of 30 people in my group). The other girl won a SPSO Top 30, and is also in NUS High's Einstein Club, just like me. I also met another boy called Eugene, who told me that he visited this blog before.

The school, Hwa Chong Institution, provided us packet lunch after the competition, which they did not give the teachers (too bad). There were rice, brocoli, tofu, fish and meat. Zheng Han spilled the food on the table and then he ate it (so unhygienic and disgusting). Some time later, they gave each of us a McDonald french fries and apple pie. Zheng Han dropped a french fry on the grass and he ate it (more disgusting). After the prize giving ceremony, there was a buffet (bee hoon, bao, cream puff, very spicy carrot cake, cheese tarts, hot dog pastry, chicken wing, fruit punch etc.) for all students and guests. I forgot to bring lunch boxes to "da-bao".

We have won the following awards:
SMOPS Platinum Award - Zheng Han, me
SMOPS Gold Award - Stephen, Wei Jue
Honourable Mention Team Award - Queenstown Primary School: Zheng Han, Wei Jue, me
APMOPS 11th to 40th Position (Gold Medal) - me

The top in SMOPS is Clarence Chew from Tao Nan. The top few in APMOPS are from Shanghai.

7 comments:

freakyfeng said...

hi i am xinyuan
congrates for ur award
good luck!

Anonymous said...

2 Xin yuan, congrats 2 you 2.

Lim Li

XenoQuatz said...

grats to all!!

Lee Zheng Han said...

I dont think i drop the french fry on grass, it should be the floor!

Anonymous said...

soo bad I didn't win :(

ZF said...

Hi, any idea how many % marks needed in Rd 1 to get into Rd 2? Is 80% sufficient? Thanks.

Made in Taiwan said...

Good job peeps!