Friday 25 January 2008

Life at National University of Singapore High School of Mathematics and Science (NHS)

I have been in NUS High for almost a month now. The last time I cut my hair was on 30th of December 2007. Now, my hair is already touching my ear. I shall now write about a not-so-boring boring day

It was just yesterday only. The first period was Mathematics, which I was exempted. So I went to the canteen for break. After the break was another break! Imagine the first 2 periods are breaks (for info, I have 5 breaks on Tuesday!). After the 2 consecutive breaks was Geography -- boring. After that was Biology. We used a microscope to look at things. We zoomed in the millimeter mark of a transparent ruler. Do you know what I saw? The milimeter marks appeared to be drawn by a chalk - thick line with chalk-like texture. Later, we examined a small piece cut-out from a newspaper page, which looked no different from many strands of hair. Lastly, we looked at red blood cells. I zoomed in 4x, which are as small as sand. I zoomed in 10x, which looked smaller than a small pimple. I zoomed in 40x, which looked like medium pimples. We were so engrossed in the microscope that 30 minutes of our next period (Chemistry) was gone without anyone realising. We quickly rushed back to the classroom, with only 15 minutes left (in NUS High, each period and break is 45 minutes).

After Chemistry was break, but not for me, I had to go to class 202, where Nicky (my sister's classmate at QPS) is, for Year 2 Maths lesson, since I was exempted from the Year 1 maths. It was more boring than the Year 1 Maths. I bet no one in the class was paying attention. The elective Maths modules (Advanced Maths Olympiad IV, and Combinatorial Game Theory) that I attend on Saturdays are more interesting.

No comments: